Under the direct management of the Senior Programme Manager, and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the AVRR (Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration) caseworker will be responsible for, inter alia, providing information and return counselling and return planning to migrants who meet eligibility requirements under the IOM Australia AVRR programme, funded by Australia’s Department of Home Affairs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide information on IOM AVRR services and targeted return planning to eligible beneficiaries in line with the Standard Operating Procedures of the AVRR programme.
- Conduct confidential information gathering/sharing interviews with beneficiaries considering voluntarily returning to their home country.
- Assess the needs of the beneficiary and develop individually tailored and viable return and reintegration plans in coordination with relevant service providers and IOM missions abroad that are aimed at enhancing sustainable reintegration in the beneficiary’s country of return.
- Coordinate administrative and travel arrangements with the Australian Department of Home Affairs, IOM Canberra and IOM missions in countries of return.
- Maintain confidential beneficiary case files, computer-based database, The Australian Department of Home Affairs portal and complete periodic project reporting on a timely basis.
- Liaise closely with the Australian Department of Home Affairs, Australian Border Force and other service providers on the services IOM offers and in responding to beneficiary referrals.
- Conduct/facilitate information and awareness-raising activities and outreach among target beneficiary groups, Department of Home Affairs case management teams and other stakeholders (NGOs, Community Groups, Migration Agencies, etc.) on IOM Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Programming, including through duty travel.
- Perform general office administration, record keeping and management of petty cash accounts.
- Undertake duty travel as per necessity.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.